BOARD CERTIFIED ASSISTANT BEHAVIOUR ANALYST
Rhian has worked within the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis since 2009, however her interest and passion to support individuals with a variety of disabilities and needs is life long, as her younger brother has Downs Syndrome.
Rhian graduated from Trinity College Carmarthen in 2006 with a BA degree in Education and began teaching at a mainstream primary school. This wasn’t the career she had hoped for and she later applied for a position as a therapist for a little boy with autism. This is how she discovered ABA/VB and hasn’t looked back since. She worked as a therapist and supervisor on several home programmes in South Wales, working with children and adolescents with varying abilities before joining the Skybound team in January 2013.
During that time, as well as ABA/VB, she worked with TalkTools, Relationship Development Intervention (RDI) and visited Growing Minds in Florida. In June 2013, she completed an online course in Applied Behaviour Analysis with Florida Institute of Technology and qualified as a Board Certified Assistant Behaviour Analyst in March 2014.
Rhian currently consults to and supervises home based programs across the UK for Skybound Therapies.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Attendance at ABAI 42 nd Annual Convention, Chicago
- 2 Day “Meaningful Social Development – Teaching Games and More” presented by Steven Ward, BCBA
- Developing Positive Relationships with individuals in Distress (Children & Adults) by D.Escal8
- 2 day “Understanding and Implementing Effective Autism Programming from Toddlers to Teens” presented by Dr. Mary Lynch Barbera, BCBA-D
- “Using happiness as an intervention in Behaviour Support Plans” – course organised by BILD
- Early Start Denver Model Introductory Workshop – presented by Sally Rogers, Portugal.
- 3 Day Social Thinking Workshop presented by Michelle Garcia Winner
- Attendance at ABAI 40th Annual Convention, Chicago
- 2 Day VB-MAPP and Essentials for Living workshop with Dr. Patrick McGreevy
- 2 Day “Dispelling the Myths and Overcoming Implementation Obstacles Related to the Functional Assessment and Treatment of Problem Behaviour” and “Understanding and Addressing Stereotypy and Sleep Problems of Children and Young Adults with Autism” presented by Gregory Hanley, Ph.D., BCBA-D
- Team Teach
- The SCERTS Model – 2 day training workshop led by Emily Rubin, MS, CCC-SLP.
- 3 day course on ‘Assessing and Teaching Social Skills, Self Esteem and Friendship Skills’ presented by Alex Kelly, Speech and Language Therapist.
- TalkTools Sensory Feeding course
- Behavior Change Procedures and Ethical Considerations (Course by Jose Martinez-Diaz BCBA-D for Florida Institute of Technology)
- 2 Day Intermediate ABA/VB Training (refresher for Skybound)
- Behavioral Assessment and Program Evaluation (Course by Jose Martinez-Diaz BCBA-D for Florida Institute of Technology)
- Concepts, Principles and Characteristics of Behaviour Analysis (Course by Jose Martinez-Diaz BCBA-D for Florida Institute of Technology)
- Introductory ABA/VB Training (refresher for Skybound)
- Level 1 Talk Tools
- TalkTools Apraxia course
- 2 Day Introduction to Verbal Behaviour by Robert Schramm, MS, BCBA