“Applied Behaviour Analysis is the science of human behaviour. It consists of scientific principles which explain how people learn behaviours and skills. The principles of ABA can be applied to teach any socially significant behaviour, such as toileting, communication, academic skills, social skills, community skills and many others. The science can also be applied to reduce behaviours that challenge, for example: aggression, property destruction, self-injury, feeding and sleep issues.”
Skybound Applied Behaviour Analysis are based in Pembrokeshire, West Wales and travel all over the UK and Europe to provide specialised services for children, adolescents and adults. Our team possess a wide range of knowledge, skills and experience and offer a variety of professional and client focused services to many families, schools, organisations and individuals.
The staff that work as part of our team of ABA practitioners all have or are working towards recognised qualifications in ABA. These include Board Certified Behaviour Analysts, Board Certified Assistant Behaviour Analysts and Registered Behaviour Technicians. We place a heavy emphasis on staying up to date with the best practises and current research. We regularly send our ABA staff to leading courses in the USA in order to ensure that we provide the most up to date therapeutic programs.
APPLIED BEHAVIOUR ANALYSIS FROM SKYBOUND THERAPIES
We work together as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team at Skybound Therapies combining Applied Behaviour Analysis, Positive Behaviour Support, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy and Social Skills.
Skybound Therapies believe that there is every reason to be optimistic about an individual’s future, with the right interventions anything is possible. We have high expectations of what each individual is capable of and we truly believe that given the necessary support, anybody can Reach for the Sky, One Step at a Time.
WHO WE WORK WITH
Skybound Applied Behaviour Analysis offer a range of services for children, adolescents and adults who need help and support for any of the following:
Our Skybound Applied Behaviour Analysis Team are able to provide courses to groups of individuals, including parents, teachers, and other professionals who would like more information within this field of work.
These courses can be run as a full day which will discuss the topics in great detail, or we also offer 2 hour courses which will include an overview of the points discussed.
We provide the following training courses, but we also can tailor make a training course specifically for your requirements. We can also combine with the other Skybound departments to provide multidisciplinary courses, for example for developing communication skills or feeding interventions.
COURSE 1 : Tolerating Health and Medical Procedures
- Tolerating medical and health procedures is an essential part of life. Without being able to tolerate check-ups and medical procedures an individual may not get the treatment they need without other procedures such as a General Anaesthetic. This course will aim to give the participants the skills to be able to assist individuals in becoming acclimatised to these procedures.
- To be familiar with the steps for teaching toleration for the numerous health and medical procedures.
- To be able to use task analyses to break other health and medical procedures down into the component skills required
- To understand the use of rewards including when and how they should be delivered during health and medical procedures
- To understand when the use of counting, visual supports, timers etc may be advantageous
- To know which equipment may be best o use with individuals with autism or related conditions.
COURSE 2 : Introduction to ABA and Teaching Children With Disabilities
- This course will introduce attendees to the science of applied behaviour analysis and how it can be used to teach children with a wide range of disabilities.
The course will specifically look at how ABA can be used to teach:
- Play skills
- Self-help skills
- Social Skills
- Early academic skills
- Language Skills
- And many more!
COURSE 3 : Decreasing Behaviours that Challenge
- Behaviours which challenge such as aggression, self-injury, non-compliance, property destruction, verbal abuse and others can be difficult for families and staff to manage.
- This course will identify the assessments that should be completed and strategies that can be used to teach appropriate replacement behaviours and to decrease behaviours that challenge.
- Identify the functions of behaviour
- Identify methods that can be used as part of a functional behaviour assessment
- Identify common replacement behaviours
- Identify ways to teach these replacement behaviours
COURSE 4 : Intermediate Teaching Children with Disabilities
- This course is a follow up to our Introductory course and focuses on more advance language and academic skills.
- Increasing cooperation in more challenging settings
- Conversational skills
- Perspective Taking
- Developing independence
COURSE 5 : Developing Meaningful Skills with Adults with Learning Disabilities
- This course will review the curricula that are currently available and how these can be used to develop a meaningful intervention program for individuals with a disability.
- This course will look at why it is important to use a variety of curricula and not just to rely on one curricula.
- Identify curricula that can be used to help identify targets
- Identify the most socially significant targets
- Use task analyses
- Identify reinforcers and how to use them effectively
- Write an intervention plan for a skill
- Develop an individual learning plan
- Identify environmental supports that are needed to teach skills
OUR LATEST NEWS
Here you can keep up to date with the latest news from the Skybound ABA team. We will also post links to useful resources, as well as program ideas. The latest three blogs are featured below but please click on Our Blogs to find all of our previous blog posts.
Have a question about Skybound Applied Behaviour Analysis or any other Skybound Therapy service? Need to get in touch to find out more details? Please fill in your name, contact details and a brief message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.